Wondering why Google, Firefox and IE homepage are replaced by Blekko.com? Encountering difficulties when you try to remove the browser virus? Having tried with each available means but without any luck? This post will show a detailed guides on how to manually remove Blekko.com or Blekko redirect virus.
To Know More about Blekko Redirect Virus
Blekko is an imposed search engine which confirms to display low-relevant results to the typed search key words. Cyber schemers hastened the development of browser hijackers in order to obtain income with extreme methods. Series of browser viruses emerge, including Blekko.com. If having a look at the page hits of Blekko, you’ll see a sharp move up since May, 2012. Actually right now it has more than 242.000 pageviews per day – what a handsome quantity. Are you now one of the platforms for money hoarding? Act up now to get rid of Blekko.com redirect virus to stop being exploited as commercial instruments.
However, by implanting its malicious programs into invalidated freeware or shareware, Blekko will be independently configured when users install them. So generally speaking, to uninstall the original harmless software does no harm to the virus itself. It finds its way when the unwitting users install them without caution and patience to read over the agreements and check boxes. Except for the redirect and modified homepage, there are many other potential threats which add the severity and urgency to delete Blekko virus.
How Does Blekko Virus Affect the Computer?
- Modification of DNS settings to cause redirect and continuous substitute for default homepage.
- Alteration of system registry to enable itself immediate activation when Windows is loaded.
- Launchment of annoying ads and high consumption of CUP and bandwidth to slow down the system.
- Deletion of shortcuts on desktop or start menu, as well as some important system files.
- Trend to spread other malware to further damage the compromising system.
Why Antivirus Fails to Eliminate Blekko?
You are absolutely not alone to complain about Blekko stubbornness. Some of the mischievous components are rooted into system file so that it can escape the detection and deletion. That’s why manaul removal is a better option to uninstall Blekko.com virus.Below is the detailed steps:
Step 1 : Go to Task Manager with Alt+Ctrl+Delete and stop its process.
Step 2: Search for and delete its related files in Local Disk C:
%appdata%\random.dll %appdata%\random.exe %desktopdir%\random letters.lnk
Step 3: Navigate to remove the registry entries associated as below in Registry Editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "random " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\random HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run random.exe
- How to Remove Click.livesearch.com Redirect Virus From Windows Xp/Vista/7? How to Stop Redirect Problem Coming From Click.livesearch.com?
- Easy Instructions to Help you Manully Remove Amazon Smart Search From Computers
- TrojanProxy:BAT/Banker.B Infection-How Can I Get Rid of TrojanProxy:BAT/Banker.B Manually
- Trojan.Killfiles Removal Instruction. How to Delete Trojan.Killfiles
- Cannot Delete Windows Monitoring Utility Virus Completely? Removal Manual Instructions
- How to Get Rid of Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.fxu Thoroughly - Trojan Manual Removal Guide
- How to Get rid of Win 7 Defender Firewall Alert - To Perform A Win 7 Defender Firewall Alert Removal Process
- Invaded with Win32/BHO.OEI! (Steps to Remove Win32/BHO.OEI )
- How to Remove Backdoor.11.Win32.xnco (Manual Removal Instruction)